CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 10, 2007

what's a "bunting"?!


Here’s a baby boy’s bunting I made this week. I just emailed a friend telling her what I do when I don’t want to finish things (which epitomizes what our house looks like right now with presents that need to be wrapped and shipped or crochet projects that need finishing): I start something new! And what’s worse is that I justify the new project’s need. “Laura and Guns are going to have a baby very *very* soon, so they *need* me to make them a bunting.” And don't get me wrong, I had intentions of "gifting" them, it was just a matter of when.


And there you have it….Laura, if you’re reading this….I will be sending it very soon for your little Levi, as soon as my hands can part with it, because I grow this silly attachment to the projects I finish! Plus, I know it will be so much sweeter with a baby boy in it! As an aside: Laura, I am very very *very* excited to hear news of your upcoming arrival. I never knew you could be so excited for someone to have a baby, and I remember you both constantly as you the days close in to your due date. You have been such an inspiration to me by your faith and strength. Really. I must apologize that I am posting this picture before sending, but I really love it, and hopefully seeing it first will make you look forward to receiving it?!

I must go now and do things that need to be done. I have dawdled long enough. I hope that this time of year finds you all procrastinating, um, I mean reflecting on this past year and enjoying the life you have been given!

1 comments:

Laura Gruner said...

hahaha... so I saw the bunting and my first thought was "I want one for Levi" and then I read the post and it's Levi's!!!! What a happy day for me!!!! (and for Levi)

Thanks so much for thinking of us as his due date nears, I can't believe we're really going to have a baby... and we're going to get to bring him home and he's going to be ours! We said we'll probably feel like we're stealing him since we never got to bring Tyler home... it will be so much fun!

And, since it'll be in the 80s this week, breaking all kinds of records, no rush on getting to the post office. Also, be sure to check our blog for pictures of him in it!!! I can't wait to see how adorable it will make him look... (Chris would probably prefer a word like "handsome" to adorable)

Thank you so much Jenny! Thank you!