CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 17, 2007

whoo hoo.


Thanks to a friend, Conny I found out some fun results! Conny did this with her 4 girls! Thanks Conny!

I found this to be pretty cool, considering more often than not I receive comments about how Ben looks like his dad. Tee hee. I have gotten used to it, because I know that the reasons for their thinking is that he is so fair compared to me. Not that I am as dark as my mom, but I just have darker features in contrast to Ben, and Rob for that matter. While I am posting these results, the thought just occurred to me that I don't know the basis for their conclusions and findings. Ha! How many times in life do we not consider the source?

We ought to do that more often. It would probably lead to me not being so sensitive about things all the time. As I have been finding myself lately.

I think if I considered the source more and their frame of reference, I wouldn’t be feeling the way I do. An illustration of this is when people look at me and my physical features. When my mom’s side of the family sees me, all they see is the white – oops, I mean “Caucasian” in me. When my Dad’s side of the family sees me, all they see is the ethnic – oops, I mean the Filipino in me.

This is not about race. I am merely using it as an example of how and why people see the things they do.

Really, I try my hardest to see how others might see things, so that little comments directed toward me wouldn’t make me feel hurt. Maybe if I could just consider the source all the time, my feelings would NEVER get hurt, huh?

I know. Ambiguous. Don’t worry about it. I really just wanted to share this look-alike test! Happy Monday!

Do you do that? How?

0 comments: