CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

first...

First….

…day of school

Here is a picture of Ben’s very first day of school. He loves his teachers Miss Willie and Miss Pat. He loves the fact that he is a big boy. It is truly a mom’s joy to be able to share my “pride and joy” with others. While we always receive very good reports, I am sure to ask where he lacks. He tends to climb on tables?! What? He never does that at home. Seriously. It boggles me that he can think to do something completely atypical somewhere else. I love reading his daily reports. And some of it never surprises me. It doesn’t surprise me that both colors purple and pink are purple to him. We’re still working on that one. It doesn’t surprise me that he also thinks that the letter M is also a W.



….loser

I am. While I am somewhat bragging in this here space, (that’s Southern talk for “you guys” – don’t worry, I still feel like y’all is weird. I much prefer to say “you guys” in that nasal Northern tone) I am kind of proud that I came in 2nd place for Women – or as a No Fear slogan might say, “Second place is the first loser”. I, along with some friends, ran a base 10K in honor of the Air Force’s 60th Anniversary, and I finished at 46:20. The few people that I managed to pass along the way were men, and I kept jokingly asking them, “how many girls are up there?” thinking I might have a chance at finishing. Plus, I didn’t want to be so rude to pass them without being friendly. I am very proud of my time, and feel like it is such an improvement for me in the last year of running. My last 10K was 54:55 back in March that Rob and I ran together.

…time in Las Vegas
The three of us just got home from a very much needed trip to my parents’ house in Phoenix and a couple day getaway to Las Vegas, while Ben stayed with his Lolo and Lola. We hadn’t been back to Phoenix since Ben was 7 months old! Long overdue for a visit. While a week goes by so fast, we had such a great time visiting old friends and taking in time with the parents. It seemed we got in a little of everything. My mom couldn’t get enough of Ben, and Ben was so good with the both of them. When Rob and I got home from our mini-trip to Vegas, my mom (who is almost never speechless) said very slowly and thoughtfully, “Umm…yes, Ben was good, but he’s….ummm…he really is a boy. You were never like this, Jenny. He just wants to play all the time. He never quits.” Yes, that sounds like Ben alright. Bellagio


Paris



Before leaving for Tony and Tina's wedding, where we were part of the production, attending as wedding guests, and you witness all the wedding drama and chaos of an Italian American New York wedding.



photo with Steve Wyrick, a magician, that we saw the night before Tony and Tina. His headlining act is making a Lear jet appear magically on stage. It was a really neat show, and we had 3rd row seats!



waiting for a shuttle to get our car on our return trip home - in Memphis



Bellagio's fountain show.




the first day in Vegas after a trip to Nellis AFB and In-n-Out Burger. If you've never been, you must.



Saying goodbye to Lolo and Lola at the Sky Harbor airport in PHX.



dinner with some friends at Red Robin. This is part of the group where Rob and I first met. aww, shucks.



Kels and me. Kels is one of the best friends there is. She was also my Maid of Honor.




Our fabulous King suite at the Signature Hotel at MGM. It's a pretty new hotel, and it sits off the strip a bit and isn't a gaming hotel. So it's kind of nice to get away from the constant "ding, ding, ding, ding".



…baptism baby blanket.
It turned out very pretty…and I didn’t want to part with it just yet. I did manage to get paid for this gig – thanks Felicia! – so maybe my husband won’t get so mad at yarn for a while. Joking aside, there are times where Rob wishes I would just watch TV with him, and not just “listen to TV”.


…flyby.
Here is a shot of a fly by Rob was in for the US Open. I need to brag on him more. Rob is number 4 – which is the bottom left.


1 comments:

lizzypph said...

What a nice post, even after talking to you today I felt like there was so much that we didn't talk about after reading this!