CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 16, 2007

conversations with Ben.

My Navigator/Co-pilot:


Ben: why are we going this way?
Me: because this is the way to the ice cream store.
Ben: oh. That’s a good idea.
Me: Yes, we don’t want to get lost.
Ben: God keeps me safe.
My Cheerleader:

Ben watching me go to the bathroom, standing in the doorway.

Me: what are you doing just standing there? (he is staring intently at me, and I am thinking that maybe he is going pee in his diaper, while watching me go in the potty.)
Ben: I am just standing here, holding door.
(I do my duty, and start to flush, etc.)
Ben: Yay!!! Good job, Mommy! I’m so proud of you!!!

Note: I know this is a common instance with many parents out there. The idea of praise is obviously lost on Ben at this point….
My Literal Son:

Me: Ben, aren’t you so glad that you’re potty trained?! (Trying to reassure myself and make sure Ben is mindful of this new concept that has finally clicked in him.)
Ben: mmhmm, yes… And I’m poopy trained!
Me: (speechless) Yes, you are. You’re potty trained *and* poopy trained.

it's a good think we don't *really* have to rake the yard. below: Ben in a "huey" helicopter from Ft. Rucker, AL. This picture along with the airplane picture was taken at "career day". We were not looking for careers, but student pilots are (there are a few of those here at Columbus AFB. Ha!)

0 comments: