CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 18, 2008

new memories, old friends.

My best friend from college came down to 'Sippi for a weeklong visit, and it was so much fun! I know you all have those friends that last a lifetime and there is a bond that will never be broken. Emily and I have one of those friendships. And in all honesty, we have a friendship that didn't come easy. Primarily because we are very different people. I'm loud, she's quiet. I'm outspoken, she's soft spoken. You get the idea! But the one similarity (that has bonded us for almost ten years now) is the choice to go in "blind" to the dorms our freshman year at Michigan State. And that similarity is what brought our friendship to where it is now!

She will probably blush when she finds out I wrote this. But, friends need to know when they make an impact on someone. I know she knows how important she is to me, so in no way, am I trying to make it up to her in a simple blog. Geez, how impersonal, right?! :) What is it with people who put their personal lives on the internet?! (please note heavy sarcasm) While I know many of you think that I might be a very "public" person, there are many things that are private to me. Which ties in with the fact that my best friend is my best friend. She has seen my sad times, probably in many ways that Rob hasn't. Not that he won't ever experience sad times with me - till death do us part, right - but Emily is the friend that stood by me in college through bad decisions and huge amounts of immaturity. It is by the grace of God that I have a friend like her. I know that all who know me post-college, post-marriage, post-kid probably thought I was always this perfect, but believe me, I was/am still quite far from it. (more sarcasm) :)

So, this isn't a sappy blog, but a "hats off" or "cheers" to memories of all types, past, present, future. And cheers to wonderful friends that you know will be there through thick and thin.
greeting Auntie Em at the airport.
boy's eye view...at the airport....this is my new favorite picture!

at the incline railway in Chattanooga, TN


Ben's handy photography
helping dad put his new bike seat on our new bikes.


more chattanooga pictures
Children's Discovery Museum...virtually impossible for a kid to get in trouble here.
reading
Making sushi. Birthday tulips from a friend/bridesmaid in CO. very sweet, tulips were the flowers of choice at our wedding.
the finished product! look out Herb! Em's going to teach you to make sushi next! (wink, wink) :)



1 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

Your little tribute to best friends sure makes me miss mine! Looks like you guys had fun!