CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

goings-on.

There has been a lot going on lately. I just haven't taken the time to sit down on the computer. The weather has been great, and parks have been seeming more enticing than a computer screen. Plus, Ben sleep so well when he gets his "play on." :)

Here is what we, Mississippians, have been up to:

Rob: The aftermath of the crashes is taking place. Many memorials have been held, many meals have been made, scrapbooks are being compiled. Lastly, jets are slowly getting back up in the air. While the Air Force tells the instructors not to worry about the timeline, they still want you to be thinking about it. So, they are getting back going, and refiguring timelines and dates and graduations. There are always some mixed feelings, but things are slowly working themselves out.

Jenny and Ben: After watching two dogs for a week, in addition to our own, I have realized that dogs are like kids. You love others' kids, but you're sure glad you have your own. You realize few things about yourself that you're not exactly proud of. You realize how used to routines you are. You realize how anal you can be about those routines. And mostly, you realize that while your kid/dog have bad habits and things you can't stand, it looks quite different when you see the variety of kids/dogs out there.

Ben: Ben's last week of school was this week and this morning ended it his school program/gradaution. It was so sweet to see the teachers saying goodbye to the 4 year olds and handing them a "diploma". While I know it seems so silly, it really is endearing to see how much the teachers really invest in their kids. Ben's teacher "Miss" Willie talked about how she still receives graduation announcements from kids that are now 18, and she had them for the first time when they were 18 MONTHS! :)

Finally, Ben and I are gearing up for a quick/short notice trip to AZ on Saturday. I am so blessed by both of our families, as my in-laws gave me two ticket vouchers that they couldn't use to fly home. The blessing in disguise is that one night my mother-in-law, Liz had called me one night to offer them to me after she had talked to my mom. She had noted that she thought my mom sounded a little down and tired from work and helping my dad out after his knee surgery. As soon as I called my mom, she broke in to tears of happiness! So thank you to both of my families. I am so blessed that we all have such a united family.

So we're leaving the rain and green for the dry and desert that is AZ! My dad told me to gear up for the for the first week of 100 degree weather! Please pray for safety in travels and good health!

0 comments: