CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

baby buns.

Today, I had my 3rd OB appt, a couple days before my trip to Phoenix to spend time with the parents. I had to bump this appointment up so that I could get this trip in to Phoenix this Saturday.

It was another positive appointment. I thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. It really means a lot to know that I am cared for, by not only God, but by friends and family here.

Tomorrow marks 14 weeks, and we listened to the baby's heart again - at about 162 bpm....hmmm...could it be a girl, like my Mom predicts every time!? He also checked me out to make sure things were still on track. I made my next appt for 5 Jun, and at that appointment we will find out if the baby's a boy or a girl. Weird.... It seems so early to me for lots of different reasons. Before I know it, the Ben's brother or sister will be here. :)

I get more and more comfortable with the pregnancy the longer time goes on, and the reality is sinking in more and more. I am glad to know that this 10 lbs I have put on is going to good use. I can truthfully proclaim that I don't even care how much I gain - much different from the ideals of being pregnant for the first time around. :)
Attached are a couple pictures of the big differences this time around. I was at first shocked at how I was "growing" but fall in more and more in love with it knowing it's going to good use.
This first picture is me a few weeks ago at 10 weeks. It is strikingly similar to me at 22 weeks with Ben - the second picture.
In my defense: this was taken at night, when you're not supposed to be the "lightest" anyway.
My best friend, Emily thought indeed I must be exaggerating, but once I showed the proof, here is what she said:
Ok, so my "best friend opinion" is...yes, you definitely look preggers! You were not exaggerating. There is no hiding that. I will say that you do look very cute with a little belly and that of course it will show more on someone in your type of physical condition. In your normal state, you don't have much 'extra'. Consequently, you don't have any 'extra' to disguise the growing belly! To me it is very exciting, because the more the belly the shows the more real it is! Just don't worry. I am sure everything is great! I think your belly speaks for itself! Can't wait to hear about your doctors appt tomorrow and see more pictures from the birthday festivities. PS - Your hair is getting very long! Miss & love you,Em
Thank you, Weav, I know I can always count on the truth. Really.
I hope this finds you all well. Ben and I will be adjusting for the next week or so to the 100's that we are going to experience in Sunny AZ. I miss it already! :)

3 comments:

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

You are so beautiful, Jenny!!! Congratulations again on your pregnancy and I hope you have a great trip to visit your parents.
Emily Lopez

Laura Gruner said...

AHHHH!!!! Somehow I missed the blog about you being pregnant and I was greeted with the most adorable belly picture ever! You have the most adorable little belly bump! We're so excited for you and we're praying for all of you - can't wait to find out boy or girl (since I found out so late that you're pregnant, I won't have to wait long!) Have a great time in AZ!

Amy :) said...

Jenny,

I enjoyed your two posts just now. We are really excited to see you guys this evening!! It will be fun to visit with you & let the kids play with Ben. Wow... how cool that we live close to your parents now! We get to see you after just a few months, when last time we hadn't seen you since your wedding!

See 'ya later today!
Amy :)

PS--I know what 'ya mean about other people's dogs & kids. (And hopefully you won't be groaning inwardly this week as you're around our kids!!)