CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 1, 2008

it's really a girl?

So this is the question that has been on my mind a lot lately. I obviously have nothing to found my fears on - but when do you ever?!

BUT....here are the reasons, for whatever they are worth:
1) we found out early - a day shy of 17 weeks (here in MS they do the gender determination between 18-20 weeks. I even asked if was still alright to find out. I was told yes.

2) Most recently, a flight doc was in the husband's office where this exchange transpired:

Flight doc: (spies a "the shot" of the ultrasound) "So it's a boy, huh?"
The Husband: "No...? It's a girl."
Flight doc: "Oh. I could have sworn it was a 'turtle head'."

The husband proceeds to tell the wife this story, who is already feeling bad for being so paranoid, and she says, "Was he kidding?!?!?!"

Turns out, he wasn't kidding. But, hey, I suppose anyone could be wrong. I am just hoping it isn't the ultrasound tech. And in all actuality, I had said from the beginning that I would be so excited, if not a little bit more, to have another boy. But now that some physical plans have been made to welcome a little girl, it would be slightly disappointing.

I am 25 weeks pregnant today, and in a month or so I can schedule a 4-D ultrasound to be done. It is mostly a frivolous (sp? I don't even feeling like spellchecking be/c someone might think I'm dumb. Frankly, I don't care if you do. I am not dumb, just really tired and lazy right now.) thing to have done anyway. So I think we'll go for that, and have at least a couple months "heads up" for if we need to regroup.

I will certainly keep you posted of the last ultrasound's findings.

**Oh and it turned out that I did spell it right....did you honestly think I could NOT look it up? you silly, silly people, but here you go anyway....

Frivolous: unimportant, small, inconsequential, minor, insignificant, slight, trifling, petty, marginal, negligible.

However, I find none of these terms to describe what may result in this next ultrasound. A surprise 'turtle head' is HARDLY "minor, slight, or insignificant" - not to mention "inconsequential".

HA!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez girl, sounds like you need a nap! :)
I hear you on the whole gender-determination thing. I'm still get a little paranoid that the 5+ ultrasounds I've had are all correct. I guess put some trust in the experts, they do it every day and I'm sure they now what "equipment" they're looking at.

Amy :) said...

Oh, you are *too* funny! It will be SO cool to see those 4-D images!! We had one done with Naomi, but it was too early so the results weren't too impressive.

And I'll bet you'll be glad to *know* what gender your little one really is! :)

Cheyenne and John said...

.... so... is it a girl?? :)

Jenny Brooks said...

we will be having a 4-D 4 Sept! We'll keep you posted, if anything changes! :)