CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 14, 2008

star wars fans unite...because i don't get it.


Ben's Thanksgiving homework project:
to disguise turkey cutout as anything else to avoid being eaten on Thanksgiving Day.


Dad on baby leave:
to help keep up as Ben's social director while I am getting used to this two child thingie.

What does it all yield?
One happy little boy - who's favorite thing right now is Star Wars.

Apparently every one we have shown this project to understands the caption that reads: "this is not the turkey you are looking for." Something about Episode 4 and some weird Jedi mind trick thingie....?? Something about it being a "classic" scene that *everyone* knows...?

All I know is that Ben is loving dad time with soccer, baseball in the back yard (which he has been able to hit w/o a tee), school projects, and the upcoming event of baking a cake for Awanas this weekend, that apparently Moms are *not* allowed to help out on. Hmmm...maybe I could look up some yummy recipes for them, but somehow I feel that I would get in trouble with the husband.

3 comments:

The Akins Family said...

Don't feel bad b/c I don't get it either, but I am not a fan of Star Wars and never will be! :) Yeah for you having some time with just 1 kiddo! :)

Anonymous said...

Jenny?!?! I can't believe your husband let you get away with not knowing that. Mine sure didn't! Be prepared...your assignment may be watching all the movies until you understand! And if that happens, I am so sorry for the torture...I've been there before!

Jenny Brooks said...

Steph - he had me watch them, but there is no way I retained all six 2-hour movies from 4 years ago! Especially now - I can just barely remember yesterday! ;) Those Brooks' brothers...