CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

our little girl...

Our little girl is....here....beautiful.....brown... (something Jenny thought she would never get ;) )...has a full head of black hair....and so not in my belly anymore!  I will be uploading some photos soon.  But I wanted to let family and friends know that she decided to come on Monday, 3 Nov at 9:48 a.m.  My c-section was actually scheduled for this morning, but Lydia had other plans.  It was a quick morning that consisted of Rob leaving for work at 4:50 a.m., and I was somewhat awake when he left.  Most mornings in the last week, I had just felt like ick having mild contractions and discomfort, but Monday morning it felt more crampy and there was pain in my lower back.  From 5 - 6 a.m. I just lay in bed mentally taking note of number of contractions.  Counted 7, decided to just get ready and jump in the shower, finished putting bag together, grabbing a few things for Rob, yarn and book for me, and the rest of Lydia's bag.  Put a call in to the husband, because I knew it was unlikely that he would answer the phone the first time, while also doing a SOF upgrade.  Decided to call the hospital 40 miles away in Amory to see what they suggest to do.  Tylenol and lie down and count for another hour to see if it's just false labor.  After about 20 minutes, I realized they weren't going to go away and I wasn't going to sit around here and let things happen alone.  Put in another call to Rob, no answer.  Call a couple friends to outsource care for Ben and Rainey.  Thanks Shannon and Martha!  Call Rob again - apparently third time's a charm.  I tell him that I think he should come home now.  After getting in to the car, dropping off Ben at Shannon's - Rob made it to Amory (a typical 40 minute drive) in 24 minutes. Rob was quoted saying, "This is great!  I get to have a baby daughter today AND drive FAST."


Arrive to hospital.
Time hack: 8:24.  
8 cm dilated.
C-section prep.  
Lydia arrives via cesarean.  
Time hack: 9:48.  

Having had both a vaginal and c-section experience, I can honestly say there are pros and cons.  If you look at both in a textbook scenario, a vaginal is truly the way God made it to be.  But - how often is textbook the case?  In my situation, a textbook case was not feasible.  The c-section was quite surreal.  To have so many attendants attending to you and your care and safety is quite humbling.  You realize just how big a deal you and your unborn child are at that moment in time.  And it is quite odd knowing the way they are getting your baby out and not feeling it - well, other than the "tugging and pulling".  

We are so glad to be home, and enjoy Lydia.  It is just so amazing and perfect to see how God made us all so different, and loves us the same.  We truly feel loved by God knowing that he has blessed us with a second child.  

Here are Lydia Taylor Brooks' stats:
7 lbs, 3 oz
20.5 inches 
and Perfectly loved by God and her parents and big brother.

Much Love,
Jenny, Rob, Ben, Lydia, and Rainey

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is adorable Jen. It is scary if she really looks like me :) I think Liz is kidding. I love you and thanks for giving us another grand child to love. I have a lot of love to go around for all of you. Love, Mom

Cheyenne and John said...

WOW!! Congrats Jenny! Can't wait to see the posted pictures!!

Streamlined said...

Super news! We're so excited for you and we are eager to meet Lydia! Bask in these glorious moments. I'm close by if you need anything!

MCD said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see a picture.

The Akins Family said...

I can't wait to see her! Post some pics if you can get a spare second!

KKW said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet new baby girl.
Kristi

Jen said...

Congrats!!

Lia Caban said...

I am so happy for all of you. Even when I can only write to you sporadically, I want you guys to know that you are in my thoughts and in my prayers. Congratulations on Lydia and I can wait to see the new baby pics.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jenny! I am sure she looks adorable. Can't wait to see pics.

Marquette Beach House said...

Okay, Jenny, so are you saying you drove *yourself* to the hospital and then found out you were at 8 cm!?! I can't imagine being able to do that at 8 cm!!

She is a beautiful baby, and I can tell she is dearly loved by everyone in the family!

We love you all...
Amy & Matt and family :)

Amy :) said...

Okay, I re-read the story, and I guess Rob came home first, then drove you to the hospital! Wow, I was trying to imagine you in hard labor, driving yourself to the hospital!!

Amy :)

Susannah said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous and I love LOVE the name Lydia. What a perfect little being! We are overjoyed for you. (And Ben is going to rock as a big brother!)

Erin Freel said...

Congrats Rob and Jenny! She's very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy and excited for you guys. Lydia is beautiful and it looks like Ben is enjoying being a big brother. God bless. Miss you guys.

Love, The Pikes