CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

life.

So, it's another life lesson from Jenny. You should all be so excited. All kidding aside, consider yourself warned. This is where you can just view pictures or read and view pictures. :)

Please keep our sweet girl in your prayers tomorrow. While I am not riddled with fear, prayers would never be turned away, especially for me in my life! Tomorrow, she is going to have an ultrasound to screen for spina bifida. So, what do you think of when you think of diseases? Only the most horrific picture of the disease. While I learned a little bit more about spina bifida, like any disease, there is a whole spectrum of severity that goes along with it. What we would be screening for would be a mildform, as she doesn't have an physical indications or impairments, except a birth mark on her lower back with a small amount of hair. That is apparently sometimes a symptom of spina bifida occulta (the mild form).
I thank God so much for this little girl, and am confident that God is constantly keeping me on my toes to grow my character - not my comfort (as Rick Warren likes to say). I know that a "perfect bill of health" one day means nothing the next. So what does it mean if she doesn't have a "perfect bill of health"? Nothing. It's the learning to let things go, that is so freeing. And for me, that means enjoying the moment I have right now, because nothing in the future is ever guaranteed. I trust that God cares for Lydia much more than I could ever, and I trust that her best interests are on his heart. This is a milestone for me, because I was not like this at all with Ben. I was always worried about him and his growth, that I didn't fully enjoy the baby he was. And now he is my almost 4 year old.
Please keep us in your prayers tomorrow. And I will keep you posted.
Much love,
Jenny
Ben and his sister.
windy! Ben and his friend, Mirabelle at the McWane Museum in Birmingham.

my lovebug. always. forever.


my husband, whom I love and adore.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can be sure we will be praying for you all and esp. for Lydia. We will call you when we get to Israel, we bought enough phone cards. Love ya all. Talk to you when we get back on 3/21.
Mom and Dad

Cheyenne and John said...

Jenny.. what a beautiful "letting go" post. I am praying for both you and your sweet baby girl! It's painful sometimes to learn the lessons God has in store for us! Looking for the update!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Jenny. I know you and Robert will rise to whatever life holds for you. You are in our prayers as always.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you're little girl will be okay but you're taking an excellent approach to it. Keep us posted and we'll keep you guys in our prayers.

Amy :) said...

Jenny,

I'm praying for all of you today. Will you know the results right away after the ultrasound?

The letting go is *so* hard sometimes, isn't it? It's really cool to see how God is helping you to let Lydia go, and at the same time, to enjoy her more than if you didn't let her go. :)

We love you all and are praying for you!

Amy & fam :)

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you. Let us know the results.

The Rogers said...

Jenny...Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. What a great attitude you have about this, a much needed lesson for me!!

The Akins Family said...

Definitely praying for you and Miss Lydia! I am so sorry you are having to go through this with your sweet little girl!
hugs!

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and your family during this tough time. Worry takes on a whole new dimension when we have kids!
Emily