CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ben and the Chili Pepper.

If the title of this blog hasn't already scared you away - then I will have to be upset with you that you would want to read a story about MY son involving a chili pepper. Nothing good can come of this story....but I will tell it anyway....since all is OK now and he didn't die! :) So, my friend needed someone to stay at her house, while the packers were in her house packing up her house. They are getting ready for their next move in this military lifestyle, and she wanted to go and see her husband's fini flight (aka last flight here at Cannon). So Ben and I got to play with all of her little girl's toys and eat lunch there. It was a great time and all was well in the world of Ben, until my friend and her toddler daughter come home. Ben and Riley run off together, and next thing we know Ben is screaming! Since her house is either in disarray or in a box, Ben had managed to find this little pile of dried flakey stuff that was on the floor. After taking a sampling and crying and spitting - I asked my friend what this was on the floor. She said it was dried chili pepper remnants. She has a lot of red in her house, and being that we live in the southwest - I figured it was something from a dried chili pepper bunch used as great southwestern decor. So yes, my son was very unhappy and cried and drooled like no other for 15 minutes! It was horrible, but he recovered, and took a long, hard nap. Poor guy! I have to admit here that at first it was funny, but then after the heat in his mouth wouldn't quit - I really started to feel bad for this little person. Kids, let this all be a lesson to you....

0 comments: