CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 15, 2006

my personal underworld.

My personal wha? Yes, the underworld. So - my husband - whom I love dearly, which is usually why I tease him so. He is a computer guy. I say, "honey, I am just not an internet person, what do you do on there?" He replies, "I don't know - just look up stuff." Hmmmm....you've got me here. I live in Clovis, a small town with not a lot of retail venues...so sometimes, I get on the internet and "window" shop at my favorite stores. The usual....Ann Taylor, Loft, Old Navy, Gap, etc. However, Rob is really big in to airplanes (go figure) so he is part of this forum type thing called F16.net. There is a wide spectrum of people on this site - probably a few pilots, people who work with military aircraft, and probably people who are mostly just airplane junkies. So with all this being said - I have been known to tease him about this FREQUENTLY saying "how is the 'underworld' today?" I am going to announce that I now have no reason to tease him as I am now enjoying my own slice of ridicule and I owe it all to MySpace and the person who introduced me to this thing....(you know who you are). Every day I tell myself, "today I will not become a MySpace junkie." So far, it has worked, but I must keep the habit in check. After all I still want to be able to tease my husband asking him how the underworld is doing. While Rob does not have a MySpace account, I doubt he ever will, I am publicly announcing in the name of love and humility that I am sorry for giving him a hard time about his "underworld" when my own internet underworld has seemingly emerged. I suppose we all have our vices.

0 comments: