CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 24, 2006

Shocked with Shox!




So some may think that I am just blogging to blog by reading this silly blog! But in all seriousness and severity - I assure you that while I may sometimes look for a senseless reason to blog - this is NOT one of those times. I will explain....The three of us were at the mall the other day - let me inform all who may be unaware of the North Plains Mall in Clovis, NM. This is not a "shopping" mall - well, it is in fact a shopping mall, but there is not much available for actually shopping. In fact, it has lately become a place in which we take our son, Ben, to exhaust himself, so that he gets his daily dose of heebie jeebies out (which by the way, we have no idea where they actually come from). Annnnyyyyyway. You know those little 50 cent rides outside Walmarts or some big shopping place...which really used to be penny rides when we were little tikes? Well, Ben has grown to LOVE these things and there is a little cluster of about 5 rides or so in the North Plains "shopping" mall here in town. What am I talking about?! Oh yeah, Nikes! One of my favorite material things....of which I promise you there aren't many. Material things, that is. So we're walking in the mall, and we're done "shopping" (not really - mostly working on the whole heebie jeebie depletion thing) and I suggest we take Ben to one of these "penny rides." Rob says, "are you sure?" and he starts leading us AWAY from Ben's Heaven. So we follow him and he leads us into the sports store. There is no need to mention which one it is, as it is the ONLY one in the mall. We walk over to the shoe wall and Rob grabs the one pair of Nikes that I have been eyeballing and says, "You like these?" Clearly, a rhetorical question. He tells me to try them on. At this point my eyes are as big as saucers, and for those of you who don't know why - it is because my husband, not only is frugal, but constantly teases and rolls his eyes about my brand loyalty to Nike. He thinks it is crazy and senseless to spend that amount on sneakers. I was so flabbergasted, I kept whispering to the lady assisting me that I didn't know what had gotten in to him. But, I sure did have permagrin for some time afterward. Got to test drive them on a 4.5 mile run this morning, and they feel GREAT!!! You know what else?! I call my best friend from college, Emily, and she is like a Nike Queen....I think she may have been my influence....and I start telling her this amazing story. I am describing in detail the color (the shox part are a mint green) to which she says, "is there a mint green 'swoosh' on the toe part of the shoe?" Why, yes there is....and she tells me that she got the same pair a month ago! Isn't that just a classic textbook case of "ESP-N"?!??! To think that my best friend and I can still be as close as when we lived together in the dorms while we live so far apart! And to think that my aspirations of becoming a Nike Queen are within reach? There just isn't much else you could ask for. Except maybe for those "penny rides" to be a penny ride again....think of all the heebie jeebies we could get rid of.

0 comments: