CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 6, 2006

Rachel Ray - there is hope for me yet.

Soooo.... I don't have any natural skills in the kitchen! It's OK, I can admit it, and I am sure my darling husband would quickly argue with me, and if he were to actually be honest - he would provide some sort of disclaimer to the effect that I have SO MANY other attributes that he doesn't even notice that I struggle in this area! But seriously, if I were to try and pretend - I would look even more stupid acting like I CAN cook. So with that being said, I absolutely, positively love Rachel Ray's cooking style and approach. She has formed me in to a capable person in the kitchen. While I am not outstanding - I am literate and can follow direction, so because of her and because of school I can produce something edible and dare I say somewhat enjoyable. 30 minute meals is what she draws on for her audience, and she has surely suckered me in - as well as proven herself and the concept she endorses. For anyone who has limited time, or has little ankle biters (aka children), these recipes are super because they save on both time and money (in the fact that she uses several interchangeable ingredients with the same recipe to get something entirely different). Now that's cool! So I sound like an advertising testimony (much like Jessica Simpson promoting ProActiv, huh?) - but it is true - I have transformed from someone who hated the kitchen because she didn't know what to do with it or in it - in to someone who will actually cook a meal for someone other than her husband. And that says a lot because needless to say I didn't have much confidence making food for other people!

0 comments: