CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Ben's 2 year old photos.







Dear Friends and Family,
I thought I would send you a note with some 2 year old pictures of Ben. I also thought it would be nice to update you on us as well!

We have been here in Mississippi since the beginning of last December, and so far, really enjoy it. We enjoy our home very much – it is truly out in the country – pizza doesn’t even come to our house. I didn’t realize how I might miss that, until it just isn’t an option! And cutting the grass is among the top of the weekly “to do’s” for Rob, as you can’t miss a week or it’s out of control! When we first moved here I said to Rob, “Shouldn’t we get some sprinklers?” (Our last home in NM had underground sprinkling and this house doesn’t.) He just laughed at me. Now I know why! We have an acre of grass, and thanks to Rob’s dad, Jeff, he gave us his old riding lawnmower – which Ben loves to ride with Rob! He calls it a “tractor ride” and tells his dad where to drive it.

As for the summer daze that we’re in the middle of, Ben and I have been enjoying our days together. He loves his playground that Rob and another friend from his work put together. The playground was a gift from Liz, Margaret, and Aileen. And it has gone to some good use. He loves playing in the sandbox and swinging on his belly and sending his trucks down the slide. We have also been taking advantage of the base pool! In my quiet moments – few and far between – I try and get out for runs here and there, but like San Antonio, I drool when I see a treadmill. I just can’t get myself outdoors in this heat. I have also been crocheting a lot, and currently have about 7 little girl cardigans that I have to make for friends. While they are paying me, it tends to be a lot of work. I am just thankful that it is still hot and no one is even thinking about “winter” clothes yet. So I still have time.

As for Rob, he is enjoying instructing. He just graduated two of his classes, so now he has two new classes. He says he is back to being afraid again….but I guess that goes with the territory of having new classes to put through again. J Speaking of flying and heat – I have never cleaned such stinky flightsuits…..apparently the AC in the T-38 is not as nice as the F-16’s – the jet he misses from time to time!

In September, Ben will start at a preschool twice a week. We have recently started to do have some more structure to his mornings. It was so easy for me to forget to do things like that when we don’t have pressing deadlines. Since we have started we both have found out that we enjoy it together, and it really causes me to think of some good crafts that he can do. He can count to from 1 -12 – right before going back to 6 and starting again! He can recognize A, B, C, D, E, F, I, O, P, and sometimes S out of the alphabet. It’s been a lot of fun, now that I have started working more with him. He also loves to play Doctor and he is very good at telling me that “it’s your turn, Mommy. Lay down bed.”

We have gone to Sarasota and Disney World this summer and will be visiting my parents, Mark and Anita the last week in September. We look forward to spending time in Phoenix with them, and then taking a couple days to go to Vegas while Ben stays with his Lolo and Lola. I have recently returned from a wedding back in Clovis, NM – where we were last assigned. It was a nice time, and the boys stayed home. Rob is such a great dad – that he took of 2 days leave to play full time daddy! And they were great. And as my mother-in-law said, I did enjoy my time “unencumbered”. JWe hope that you’re all doing well! And that the rest of the summer ends well as fall quickly approaches!

Love,
Jenny, Rob and Ben




2 comments:

Amy :) said...

Jenny,

Wow... you've been prolific on your blog lately!! I love these photos of Ben and you. :) I especially like the one of him "flying" the jet with his mouth kind of in an O. *Very* cute!! :) And I like the one of the two of you at the bottom of your post. It's so sweet!

I was thinking as I read your blog again how different personalities can be. I'm talking about how we relate to parenting, etc. (not in a bad way, just a different way... not sure if that makes any sense to you or not!)

I'm reading a book right now called "MotherStyles: Using Personality to Discover Your Parenting Strengths". It is SO good. At least for me! I find myself criticizing myself for my downfalls as a mom, and this book is all about finding what your own strengths are and utilizing them in mothering. That there is no *one* way to mother, that no mother is the "perfect" mother, but we all have our own strengths. Very interesting! :)

Well, that was kind of a rabbit trail there! It was good reading the updates on all of you. Kind of like a Christmas letter! Seems like I should write a letter like that for everyone who knows us, with our move and everything, too.

I am *so* excited to see you guys when you're here next month!! I can't believe we haven't even met Ben yet, and I keep hearing about this amazing little guy with his own personality!! (You know, he has a very proud Lola near us who can't stop talking about him!!) :)

Talk to ya later,
Amy :)

Laura Gruner said...

Jenny,

I LOVE the pictures of you and Ben! What a big boy!

It was great to see you in Clovis! Have fun with the run :)

Laura