CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 1, 2008

if i had a million dollars.


From the lyrics of the Barenaked Ladies...Isn't that such a great song? I don't know about you, but when I hear/sing/belt out those lyrics, it makes me smile and laugh mostly because it's so goofy and fantastic! I never take the song seriously, because, let's face it, not having a million dollars is quite a common limitation among many of us normal people, right?

Well, today, my mom called me and said, "Hey, I got a question for you. What would you want to do if money were not an object?"

WHAT MOM?! Can the question be any more broad? And why didn't I ask immediately, "why do you ask?" I just said, "Well, I'd have to think about it."

This question just displays how conditional we all are as people. Because the moment she asked me "the question", a million other things came to mind. How much money? Why can't I even answer the question the second it's asked? Is it because I don't aspire to do anything or go anywhere great? Or does it mean that I am a perfectly content creature? Or does it mean I don't entertain such thoughts that don't lend themselves to reality? Or is it a combination of all three? Well?

Did my mom win the lottery and she doesn't want to tell me yet?

Should we all ask ourselves these questions because like the Bible states that where my treasure is, there my heart will be also? Where is my heart?
So there are a few things that come to mind, but it has required a strong adjustment to my normal way of thinking: nursing school, some sort of international vacation (Phils, Europe, typical tropical destination spot), missions, college for kid(s), open a cafe, and if I kept sitting at the computer and thinking, the list would probably bore you to tears.

So here's the thing: what would YOU do in life if money were not an object?
I would love to know. For "interested's" sake, and, heck, it might give some good ideas that I have never thought! (because I know there are definitely a lion's share of ideas I have never thought of).
So drop a comment and share, if you like.

0 comments: