CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

happy 4 years.










Today is our anniversary! Thought I'd share a few pictures of "then". It has been four years, and every moment has been worth it. Truly. Our good friends, Michelle and Andy, are going to watch Ben (they have two boys that sandwich Ben in age) tonight, while we enjoy a celebratory dinner! Friday night we're going to try and catch a movie.

While most are self-explanatory, the pictures above are of our engagement (Grand Canyon), wedding and honeymoon. In case you're wondering who "captured" the moment on bended knee...it was my parents who had an "hunch" as to what was going to take place. I miss blue AZ skies! That day was so perfect, and I can honestly say, that I wouldn't have changed a thing. As a sidebar: rarely does it rain in Phoenix, but of course the meterologists threatened rain a few days before the wedding. While that would have been good, the problem is that it didn't rain. And when it doesn't rain, the forecast just moves forward in time. So Wednesday and Thursday it did NOT rain. Friday comes, and mid-afternoon all the car washes in Phoenix close. Let me just mention, that no where but Phoenix have I ever experienced the anamoly of car washes ALL closing. But in Phoenix, they do, and for good reason. No one dares wash their car when they KNOW it is going to RAIN. Well, as Saturday morning arrived, and still no rain...I just kept thinking...ok, just stay dry a LITTLE longer. Alas, it didn't rain, but not without giving me a good scare. And to assure you that this isn't just a case of melodrama: we went on our honeymoon to Steamboat Springs, CO only to hear stories about how bad it HAILED while we were gone!

2 comments:

Amy :) said...

Happy Anniversary! I was just thinking of you guys today with it being your anniversary. :) I hope you had a great time this evening!!

Amy :)

Cheyenne and John said...

Happy Anniversary! That's exciting. I know exactly how you felt with the threat of rain. I had an outdoor wedding too and Utah is similar in the summer... it really doesn't rain much.. But on our wedding day, in came the clouds and it even sprinkled for a few minutes... then out came the rainbow and the rain disappeared! Your day looked gorgeous!