CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

birthdays.

You know, if you really think about it, birthdays are so much more fun than the original "birth day"! That was definitely the thought I had this year. I much prefer cake and kids and songs to hospital room and contractions and pushing and, yeah.




This past Saturday we had a simple party to honor both Rob and Ben for their birthdays! And now that I think about it - why do they get the birthday party? Shouldn't the moms get the birthday party...they did a majority of the labor on the original "birth day"! :)



All joking aside, it was a great day and the weather was sunny and the kids were happy, and Ben couldn't ask for more. Well, I suppose he could. He demanded we open all the presents out of their packaging *right* when we got home. Oh the sense of urgency kids have. No sense of urgency for other things, however. Like grocery shopping quickly or rushing out the door or putting toys away. Funny how that works.



Anyway...here are some pictures of the special day!




Ben's cake....made by moi.


Rob's cake - made by moi. However, I did find the photo fondant on the internet.


Ben - making sure he is really 3 now!


Sort of blowing candles out - the wind also thought it was its birthday.


opening presents.


playing near puddles.


waiting for cake.


marveling at gifts.


more marveling.

2 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

I love your logic... and I'm sure I'll more than agree once I fully understand. Both about the mother's being celebrated and the sense of urgency! By the way, I love the marveling pictures!

Amy :) said...

Ah, we moms get to do all the reminiscing on the subsequent birthdays, don't we? I still love the original birth-day because of all the excitement and wonder of meeting that little one for the first time. It's such a great reward after the work of labor!

Good job on the cakes, Jenny! Looks like the party was fun!! :)

Amy :)