CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 21, 2008

a year's wait.

Today. 21 Apr 08. It has been *exactly* one year to the date since we found out that we were pregnant last year. Most of you know that it ended in a miscarriage fairly early on.


Today. 21 Apr 08. Rob and I are excited to announce that we are, again, expecting. While it has been a year since last year, we have known for a little while now that we were pregnant. And let me tell you, I feel like I've known for an *eternity*.

We waited a little while to announce the news, for obvious reasons, but there were few that I could hardly wait to tell. You know who you are. And I know it seems silly to keep it under wraps, because it's not like you wouldn't tell anyone if you had gone through another miscarriage, right?

Well, it has been another year. And I can honestly say that God taught me a few lessons, with one major lesson in focus. A lesson of patience. And control. I know I have talked that issue into the ground, if not on paper/blog, then definitely in my head! But learning to let go seems to be a lifelong lesson. A lesson that you never quite "nail on the head", but rather one that continues to hit you on the head - over and over and over, until you get it.

Do you ever have moments where you *know* you learned your lesson? It just feels different, doesn't? It's like one minute you're a headcase, and the next minute you just feel a calm. It was like that for me. And God definitely confirmed some of those things for me. See, I got to a point where if I knew my biology way too well. Seriously. For instance - have you ever heard of Mittelschmerz pains? I hadn't either, until I felt it.......and then "googled" it (because I "google" everything). If you want to know it, you can look it up! :) It really showed me how our bodies are so wired to do what it does, that we can't even fully appreciate it.

So anyway. We are pregnant again!

We're excited. And grounded. How it's possible to be both, I am not sure.

So here is our first ultrasound - at 7.5 weeks. You can see a really defined yolk sac right next to the baby. I love seeing my uterus occupied! ;)


6 comments:

A new purpose said...

Congratulations Jenny & Rob!

love you guys - and wish you many blessings as your family grows!

~Barbara

Amy :) said...

YEAAAA!!!!

We are really excited for you guys!! It was so good to talk with you last night on the phone. It was nice to hear your voice again. :)

It's *so* cool to see the ultrasound photo of your little one (my friend Jodi calls her unborn baby her little "womb dweller"--I like how that sounds).

I also like the way you put it... how you like to see your womb occupied. I agree. It is a beautiful sight! Your mom sent me the photo of you at 10 weeks--you look great!

We love you!
Amy & family :)

Amy :) said...

Oh, you said "uterus", not "womb"... anyway, I like how you put it!

Amy :) said...

I forgot there was more I wanted to say... :)

I understand how you can be both excited and grounded at the same time. It was kinda like that when I was pregnant with Marissa, after Jessica had died the year before. We were a little less naive about things than we had been the first two times... we knew that nothing is a guarantee.

And yet at the same time, we were really, truly excited about the new pregnancy. :) I had thought I would be a basket case with worry, but I had asked a few friends to pray that I wouldn't be. And I wasn't. It was a pregnancy of smooth sailing and no worries. I look back on it fondly. :)

Yes, I've heard of those pains when you ovulate. I usually don't experience that, but I've heard many women do. For us, we use Natural Family Planning, so I always know when/if I'm fertile from the cervical mucous.

I have to say that I really like knowing what my body is doing. It's an empowering feeling. :)

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

Congratulations!! That's great news!!! I am so happy for you and Rob (and big brother Ben)!
Emily

Cheyenne and John said...

So how I missed this one! CONGRATS!!! I love it- another pregnant woman running around!