CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 9, 2008

stimulus check.

So as was the purpose of this stimulus check, we have decided to get new carpet for the entire house. They are working on it today and tomorrow.

Lowe's has this great deal of $99 to install carpet in the whole house. So we purchased carpet and they are installing it right now! I will upload pictures soon. Unfortunately, they started in the our bedroom where the carpet was its worst, and I didn't take a picture of its hideousness. :)

Today also marks our last week home before we take a trip to Europe. Friday evening we will be driving to Rob's parents' house in SC. Ben is planning on spending the entire time with his Gram and Grandpop, while Rob and I travel Space A (which is like stand-by for the military). So like normal stand-by it requires flexibility and patience. But it is cheap and they will take us to somewhere in Europe (we just don't know WHERE in Europe yet).

I have to say that this is probably one of the most adventurous things I have done. And I know that some friends were surprised when I all of a sudden mentioned we were leaving the country. I honestly didn't think that this trip was going to happen anytime soon, only to find out that the husband had still been planning on it.

We're excited, and I'm a little nervous to leave Ben. We have left him in good hands before, but never to leave the continent. Please keep us in your prayers for health and safety. Never before in my life, have those two specific things meant so much to me - I guess those things become so much more important when you obtain your own family.

We'll let you know how this fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants thing goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your baby girl to be! It's gotta be sooo exciting for you and rob and ben. I am sooo happy for you!

Amy :) said...

Your trip sounds so FUN!!! I hope you & Rob have a great time wherever it is that you end up going!!

Matt would *love* that kind of trip... he loves just discovering things as he goes. We did that when we went to Italy for our 10th anniversary, although we actually had plane tickets so we knew what city we were flying into, and we arranged the rental car before we got there. :) We brought a tent & sleeping bags because we knew we wanted to camp, and everything else just kinda happened as we went.

Sounds like an adventure!! Have a great time! :)

Amy :)